Established in 1949, a pioneer in the country's tyre retreading industry, Associated Motorways (Private) Limited, popularly known as AMW, is a highly respected company in Sri Lanka with more than 65 years of service experience.
AMW concentrates on product and service development, while offering world renowned automotive and related products and service brands to its valued customers.
AMW's core business sectors are Tyre Retreading, Automotive sales and after-sales services, Lubricants, Batteries & Tyres and Financial Services (Leasing, Hire Purchase) which are carried out by the following companies;
- Associated Motorways (Private) Ltd.
- Manufacturing sector - Tyre Retreading ,manufacture of motorcycles tyres, manufacture of 3 wheeler tyres, manufacture of solid tyres, custom compound mixing and manufacture of other rubber products.
- Automotive sector - Automotive sales & after-sales including Tyres, Batteries & Lubricants and car care products.
- Automotive product range
- - Motor cycles, Marine & Power products.
- - 3 wheelers.
- - Passenger cars, vans.
- - Trucks and buses.
- Associated Autoways Ltd. - Tyre retreading.
- Associated Property Development (Private) Ltd. - Property Development.
- AMW Capital Leasing & Finance PLC - Leasing, Hire purchase and acceptance of deposits.
- Associated Motor (Lanka) Co.Ltd. - Sales & after-sales of pre-owned motor vehicles.
In July 2008, Associated Motorways (Private) Ltd., came under the management expertise of Al-Futtaim Engineering (AFE), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Al-Futtaim group, thereby aligning itself with the Group Automotive Division's development strategy and the global strategy. A large conglomerate in the UAE and a multinational group, the Al-Futtaim group is an integrated commercial, industrial and services organization with diversified interests in automotive, electronics, insurance, services, real estate, retail and overseas.
Link to Al-Futtaim corporate website:www.al-futtaim.ae/content/groupProfile.asp